We recognise the value that specialist organisations provide. Please find a list of national services below that you or someone you are close to may wish to access:

General support and advice:
  • Citizens Advice. Provides some useful information a range of issues including crime, the law, health, family issues, housing and finance. 
  • Victim Support. Offers advice and guidance to all victims of crime.
  • Royal College of Music students can access an A-Z of Self Help via the Student Services page on Learn.rcm.

Hate crime:
  • Citizens Advice. Provides some useful information on the different types of harassment and hate crime people may experience including disability hate crime, racist and religious hate crime, sexual orientation and transgender identity hate crime.
  • Victim Support. Offers advice and guidance to all victims of crime, including hate crime
  • True Vision. Offers guidance on reporting hate crime and hate incidents. If you do not wish to talk to anyone in person about the incident or wish to remain anonymous, there is an online form for reporting hate crime; you can report non-crime hate incidents to the police to try and prevent any escalation in seriousness.
  • Stop Hate UK. Offers support to victims of hate crime
  • Tell MAMA. Supports victims of anti-Muslim hate and is a public service which also measures and monitors anti-Muslim incidents.
  • Community Security Trust (CS). Helps those who are victims of anti-Semitic hatred, harassment or bias.
  • Neighbourhood Policing Teams. The Police website provides a list of Neighbourhood Policing Teams in your area, who you can contact to gather details of your Neighbourhood Policing Team; how to arrange a visit from your Neighbourhood Policing Team and local support agencies.

Sexual assault/Domestic violence:

Mental Health:
  • GP Support. You can talk to your GP about any concerns you have about your mental health
  • Music Minds Matter. Help Musicians’ Music Minds Matter offers support for anxiety, performance anxiety and depression, and has a 24/7 helpline - 0808 802 8008.
  • Student Minds. The UK’s Student Mental Health Charity, offers information, advice and resources for students.
  • Mind. The UK’s Mental Health Charity offers lots of advice, guidance and resources about mental health.
  • “Shout” text service – Text “SHOUT” to 85258 (24/7) for advice and support for your mental health and wellbeing and access helpful resources on their webpage.
  • London Nightline. Run by students for students, open from 6pm to 8am every night during term-time. Call (+44)207 631 0101 or email listening@nightline.org.uk
  • The Samaritans. Get confidential support in a crisis (24/7) by calling 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org
  • HopelineUK. Support available from 9am-midnight, via phone: 0800 068 4141, text: 07860 039 967 and email: pat@papyrus-uk.org
  • Call NHS 111. For medical advice.
  • Call an NHS 24-hour Mental Health Crisis Lines (available 24/7). Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Hillingdon, Brent, and Harrow:  0800 023 4650 / Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham and Hounslow:  0800 328 4444


There are two ways you can tell us what happened